Tuesday 4 September 2012

HOME AND AWAY

So on Sunday a couple of girlfriends and I hired a car and headed north of Sydney to 'Summer Bay' the fictional setting of Home and Away, better known to locals as Palm Beach. The main reason I wanted to go there was so I could stand outside the surf club looking really geeky but I wasn't prepared for how stunning it would be!





So the majority of the show is apparently filmed in Sydney in a studio but the famous Surf Club is there at the beach, so I got my tourist shot!




Sadly Alf Stewart was a no-show (the flaming galah!) but it was warm enough to dip our toes in the water so I was happy. Saturday was the 1st day of Spring and we've definitely seen a slight rise in temperature, THANK GOODNESS because I am desperate for the Summer I missed out on and let's face it, beach photos look much better with clear blue skies.


After a bit of a paddle on the beach we went for lunch at The Boathouse where I consumed a burger bigger than my head. This was my first encounter with the Aussie Burger a.k.a the burger with the lot - containing beef burger, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, beetroot and a fried egg. Mine had chilli jam for good measure. Honestly, I could barely move afterwards but it was a delicious experience I will definitely repeat. 








The Boathouse is situated right on the water, so after lunch there was time to take in the beautiful views from the jetty before making our way back to the city.




FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK FOLLOW ON PINTEREST FOLLOW ON INSTAGR.AM  @HARDTOCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment