Monday 17 January 2011

COCO AVANT CHANEL

It's pretty outrageous that a Francophile such as myself let the film Coco Avant Chanel sit on my shelf for A WHOLE YEAR, still in its wrapper. I don't know why I never felt like watching it, but I'm glad over Christmas I found the time to. The whole thing had me captivated from beginning to end, the story, the dialogue and of course, the clothes. The film really brought home how revolutionary Coco Chanel was, introducing a more androgynous and needless to say more comfortable way of dressing for women.
I love love loved every outfit Audrey Tatou wore in the film. In an interview I read she sounded pretty nonchalant about the costumes and said she didn't keep a thing. I would have fought for the dress on the bottom left (unfortunately I couldn't find a better image, you'll have to watch the film) which was made from the dress on the bottom right and a mans shirt. Also loved the breton stripes, classic but they never get old.


On the subject of France, in little over a week I will be in Paris! I cannot believe it has been two years since my last trip. I am extremely excited to speak French, lunch in Le Loir Dans La Théière and drink lots of vin rouge. I used to know Paris so well, but I'm sure so much has changed and I can't wait to explore and find new haunts. The lovely Kristina has already provided me with an great list of recommendations which I'm working my way through with the help of Time Out Paris and google maps.

Please share your favourite Paris hang outs!

1 comment:

  1. I loved, loved, loved that film!
    I especially liked the part where she saw the sailors wearing stripes, then in the next scene she has a striped shirt on. haha.
    Now, I love wearing stripes! That movie inspired me.

    ReplyDelete